The Best Way To Lose Weight
Why Fad Diets Are Not The Best Way To Lose Weight
When you want to lose weight it’s easy to get tempted by diets that promise a rapid results and magic formulas. But the most effective and safest way to lose weight is with a healthy and balanced diet combined with exercise. Here are 5 reasons why rapid weight loss fad diets are not the answer if you want to lose weight.
1. You Can End Up Gaining More Weight: Rapid weight loss is usually due to your body losing water. A fad diet may help you to lose a few pounds when you start it. But you’ll most likely experience rebound weight gain once you return to your normal way of eating because you will usually put all the weight back on, and probably more than before you started the diet!
2. They Have Poor Nutrition. Often a rapid weight loss fad diet will not allow you to eat particular food types. This means you lose out on the vitamins and minerals that you would get if you were eating a healthy and well-balanced diet. Carbohydrates and fat are usually the foods that are forbidden. But complex carbohydrates, like whole grains actually assist healthy weight loss while omega-3 fats and monosaturated fats are required for brain and heart health.
3. Muscle And Hair Loss: Rapid weight loss diets usually have poor nutritional value and can lead to you losing your hair and your muscle mass. If your fad diet has low protein, if can cause your hair to become brittle and fall out. When your body needs energy and cannot get it due to a lack of calories it will take it from your muscles. But having more muscle mass can help you burn more calories by boosting metabolism even when the body is at rest.
4. They Often Require Little Or No Exercise: Most rapid weight loss diets are so focused on what you eat, that they forget about the importance of exercise. Exercise is not usually part of a fad diet plan due to the low amount of calories being consumed. Exercising on a regular basis raises your metabolism which helps you lose unnecessary weight on your body in the form of fat, and also allows you eat more without gaining weight.
5. You Cannot Stay On Them For Ever: Fad diets offer rapid weight loss in an unreasonable amount of time, as opposed to a healthy lifestyle that is sustainable for the long term. They never deal with lifestyle changes, such as having an apple for dessert over apple pie and changing your taste appropriately. Don’t forget that it took you years to put on all this weight, it will take time and effort to lose it safely and permanently.
Losing weight and getting fit does not have to be difficult. For the best nutritional tips, the most proven exercise programs, fitness motivation and the whole recipe for fat loss with safe, natural and proven methods please click here.