Interior Design-Question yourself to build the life you want.
Question yourself to build the life you want.
In my leadership coaching, I teach a concept called Designing Your Own Life. It’s a detailed inventory of considerations that, once clarified and documented, simplifies success. It consists of approximately 50 exercises that really narrow down what you should be thinking about your world, including questions to ask yourself.
Personally consider the following:
- What’s your purpose—
- why do you do what you do?
- What’s your passion, and what makes you happy?
- What are the top 10 most important things you value?
- What are your goals?
- What are your roles, or who are you to others?
- Who helps you be the best you can be?
- What tasks most directly impact your results?
Professionally, some great questions are:
- Why does your organization or role exist?
- What tasks most directly impact your professional results?
- How do you conduct yourself in the workplace?
- What are the top five to eight business objectives you want to achieve?
- Based on competition, your market and trends, what actions need to be executed?
- What are the critical factors you use to measure progress?
Many of us don’t even consider the power of reflecting and documenting all the things that contribute to our results. Take some time to think, deliberately, and design the life and work you want. By Tony Jeary