How To Manifest Self-Confidence
Did you know the key to success isn’t talent? It’s confidence! Confidence begets success because confident people are more willing to take risks, recover from setbacks, and view problems creatively.
Not only can self-confidence give you a leg up in the professional world, it can impact your relationships too. After all, people who are self-confident tend to be more charismatic, empathetic, and self-assured, making them great partners and friends.
Maybe you’ve experienced a loss or a failure that’s shaken your confidence. Or maybe you’ve struggled with self-confidence your whole life. Whatever the reason, if you’re looking to boost your self-confidence, try these 5 tips to manifest confident energy.
5 Simple Confidence Tips
Whether you need a confidence boost in a pinch or are looking to view yourself differently every day, try these 5 tips to increase your confidence.
- Practice positive self-talk. When you’re not confident, it’s easy to spiral into negative thought patterns. You may start to dwell on things you regret or previous failures. For each negative thought you allow, say three positive affirmations out loud. Vocalize things you appreciate about yourself—like achievements, personality traits, or even aspects of your physical appearance—to break free from negative self-talk.
- Quit the comparison game. Everyone struggles with comparison from time to time, but if you find yourself constantly dwelling on the appearance, successes, or relationships of others, you’re only going to make yourself unhappy. Take a break from social media, if necessary, to help you appreciate your unique and amazing qualities.
- Look forwards, not backwards. People say that hindsight is 20/20, but that’s not exactly true. It’s much easier to remember our failures, mistakes, and missteps than it is to recall moments that made us truly happy. Set goals for the future and focus on achieving them instead of looking back at moments that didn’t go as planned.
- Stand up straight. It may sound silly, but standing up straight instantly projects a more confident image, even if you’re not feeling it. Give it a try and see how you immediately begin to feel less tense and more self-assured.
- Do something you’re good at. For a quick pick-me-up, indulge yourself in an activity you’re great at. Shoot some hoops, draw a doodle, or make a pan of your famous chocolate chip cookies. As you relax doing this activity, reflect on the compliments you’ve received in the past for this ability and the way it makes you feel to succeed.
For Support With Your Self Image, Try Therapy
If you’re struggling to see yourself in a positive light, talking to a professional can help unpack your negative thought patterns. For more information on how to build confidence through therapy, click here.