Get a Life
Get a Life
Downtime is crucial for peak performance.
You can’t have a decent work/life balance unless you have a life. Follow these tips to make smart choices today so you’ll feel terrific tomorrow and accomplish more in less time.
1. Take breaks. We often lose track of time
in the daily hustle and forget to renew our energy levels. Take periodic breaks to stretch, get a cup of tea or walk around the building a few times. Leave your desk at lunch.
2. Let go. Prioritize so you finish high-value tasks. Then know when to call it a day.
3. Plan a vacation. Take a full vacation each year and several long weekends to recharge your creative batteries. Block out the time now.
4. Pamper yourself. Find little ways to cherish yourself every day, such as taking a bubble bath or a walk. Doing so lets you unwind and gird for life’s next challenge.
5. Keep your brain engaged. You can rest from work while still exercising your mind with light reading or a Sudoku puzzle.
6. Exercise. A workout routine will help you stay healthy, maintain your drive and burn off stress (plus going outdoors or to a gym will help you get away from it all).