20 Autumn Affirmations to Embrace Shorter, Darker Days
It can happen in a blink of an eye: Bright balmy days turn quickly into shorter, much darker days and nights, reminding us that nothing lasts forever. The changing of the seasons is upon us, and for many, this is a transition into hibernated versions of ourselves.
As we cozy up into warmer clothes, a deeper time of reflection is upon us. Autumn is a time of reevaluation, regrouping, and rest. It is a period of self-compassion and care, recalibration and balance. Autumn affirmations can help you during this transitional time.
Whether it’s your job, relationships, self-care routines, diet, or where you live, focusing on releasing and letting go of what no longer feels aligned is key. The fall season is also a great time to set an intention to create balance in your life so new opportunities can emerge. The intentions you set around this time will stay with you into winter and through the end of the year.
Shadow Sides of the Season
Over the next few months, you may lack motivation. You may feel bored, confused, lonely, or irritated. These are all shadow sides of the autumn season. As we move deeper into the darkest months of winter, trust that this season also has a bright side.
Instead of focusing on the discomfort and uncertainty, see this as a time of releasing, surrender, acceptance, and possibility. Use this time for radical self-care and self-love rituals. One of my go-to tools to stay grounded this season are autumn affirmations, as they are powerful mantras to help us focus on the moment.
Science Behind Affirmations
Positive affirmations are so much more than feel-good quotes or silly memes. As it turns out, there is science to back up exactly how a simple set of positive words can dramatically improve your mind and body. Affirmations are statements that are used and repeated to encourage and uplift the person speaking them. As we descend deeper into the darkest part of the year, it is extra important to keep our thoughts positive and intentional.
These autumn affirmations from my book Find Your Happy Daily Mantras can help us embrace the darker days of the season and relax into the healing aspects of this time.
20 Autumn Affirmations for Transition
- I retreat inward for inspiration.
- My emotional pain shows me what needs to change.
- I surrender the struggle.
- I embrace my emotions and I nurture my instincts.
- It is not flowing because it is not the right time.
- Self-love is a practice I show up for daily.
- I am comfortable in the silence.
- I start each day with a grateful heart.
- I replace judgment with curiosity.
- I detach from the drama around me.
- I take time to rest. I seek out sanctuary.
- Life is a balancing act of holding on and letting go.
- When I am feeling angst, I ask, “What is this situation trying to teach me?”
- I acknowledge my discomforts.
- I am gentle with myself in transitions.
- Even the darkness has its wonders.
- When I heal myself, I help to heal the world.
- I am ready to change and embrace new patterns and ways of being.
- I allow myself to feel so I can heal.
- All is in divine order. I am well.
• • •
- by Shannon Kaiser