15 Calming Affirmations for Parents as School Starts in a Pandemic
If you are a parent and feeling anxious, you are not alone.
Back-to-school time is usually a happy stress. This year, the pandemic and school closures have us all feeling extra anxious and stressed in a not-so-happy way. Try these affirmations for returning to school during a pandemic.
Back-to-school is an exciting time of year filled with shopping for school supplies, riding the school bus, maybe a child making that big leap into a high school. But, this year, that happy stress and nervous butterflies have been replaced by agonizing decisions. Do I send my child to school? Homeschool?
Some families are creating learning pods. Others are navigating online learning, and still others are learning to deal with in-person classrooms that look entirely new and different, with Plexiglas shields, 6-foot distance markers, and masks. If you are a parent and feeling weepy, anxious, depressed, or downright frightened, you aren’t alone.
Try these 15 affirmations to bring a moment of calm into your day.
1. I am accessing my deep, centered self.
2. Day by day. Take it day by day.
3. There is no one perfect solution, so whatever we choose is right for us.
4. We are all doing the best we can.
5. We will get through this together.
6. This won’t last forever.
7. If something isn’t working, I can adjust.
8. I’m so much more resilient than I knew.
9. Today, I release any negative thoughts.
10. I embrace joy and gratitude wherever I find it.
11. Today, I make time for self-care and encourage others to do the same.
12. I release useless rumination and focus on what is within my control.
13. I flow with the ever-changing waves of life. Some are big; some are small—ever moving.
14. When frustrated, I can step back for a moment and just breathe.
15. Like a willow tree, I am strong yet flexible.