10 Tips For Reducing Wrinkles!
Learn how you can reduce wrinkles and make significant changes in your skin. By following these 10 tips you can get smoother, move even, and wrinkle free skin.
Most women above the age of 30 begin to notice signs of aging, including the ever so stubborn wrinkle. As soon as these frustrating signs of age begin showing it becomes more and more important to reduce wrinkles. We all strive to look our best, so doing things to make your skin look better will in the end make you feel better about yourself.
- Eat plenty of antioxidant rich fruits and vegetables. By arming your body with antioxidants your cells will be able to fight off free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that steal neurons from healthy cells destroying them in the process. Not only does this negatively impact your overall health, but these nasty free radicals damage the skin causing lines and wrinkles.
- Drink plenty of water. I know, you hear it all the time, but it is extremely important for healthy, beautiful skin. Your skin cells consist of 70% water so if you don’t stay hydrated what do you think your skin cells look like? When they aren’t hydrated it shows in your skin. Your lines and wrinkles will be much more pronounced and your skin will look like it is begging for a drink.
- Don’t smoke. Not only does smoking damage your heart, lungs, and organs, but it also seriously damages the skin. Smoking decreases the production of collagen which is the building block of healthy skin. It also decreases your body’s circulation. This inhibits blood flow between the vessels in your face, causing uneven skin tone and, you guessed it, wrinkles.
- Wear sunscreen everyday. It’s a very sad fact that the sun damages your skin. Even the slightest color from the sun is actually damaged skin cells. The sun causes sun spots, freckles, discoloration, and, the ever so frustrating, wrinkle. Just incorporate sunscreen into your daily routine and make it a habit.
- Exfoliation helps remove dead skin from the surface of your skin. In doing so it smoothes out the skin, promotes cell turnover, and helps beneficial anti-aging products penetrate the skin more easily.
- Phototherapy, also known as light therapy, photo rejuvenation, or LED light therapy, is and amazing technology that rejuvenates the skin. Red and infrared LED wavelengths have been scientifically proven to deeply penetrate the layers of the skin promoting an increase in collagen and elastin production as well as increasing the energy within the cells. It has been shown to drastically reduce wrinkles and crow’s feet.
- Use effective skin care products that include ingredients such as retinol, vitamin C, peptides, and growth factors. They have scientific data and evidence backing them as effective anti-aging ingredients. They have been shown to increase collagen production and help in reducing wrinkles.
- Keep your skin hydrated with product containing hyaluronic acid (HA). HA is like a sponge that attracts and holds moisture in your skin. Moist skin equals soft, dewy, and supple skin.
- Try sleeping on your back. Sleeping on your stomach or side causes the skin to be pushed and squished into lines that eventually form creases and wrinkles.
- Lastly, get plenty of restful sleep. Yes, the old adage “get your beauty sleep” is true. While you sleep your body, cells, and tissue work to rejuvenate and repair damage. Getting plenty of sleep is important for your skin as well as your overall health.
By following these simple tips you can reduce wrinkles, get more even skin , get smoother skin and have an overall more youthful appearance.